Weekday Mornings 5am – 10am
- J. Brooks grew up in North Iowa and has lived here all his life, although there was a 1 1/2 that he moved within the company of Clear Channel Radio to Rochester, Minnesota and then moved back to the area to start up a brand new Country station 98.7 Kiss Country 11 years ago!
- J. is married and has 3 wonderful children!! He has been in radio for over 19 years in the North Iowa area.
- J. loves sports and Country music and if you don’t see him in the community helping out then you will find him at his home with his wife and kids enjoying the summer months around the grill with a cold beverage (pop) in his hand or golfing at a local golf course with clients of the radio station or friends..
- Over the course of his career in radio he has been name “Conclave Program Director of The Year” in 2004
- Voted “Best Radio Personality” 3 years in a row 2014, 2015, 2016
- J. has been involved with Autism in North Iowa Area now for the past 6 years and started a walk to raise awareness for Autism, which he has lead the annual walk which he named “J. Brooks Walk-A-Block” 5 years ago and was well supported from the start with over 250 walkers the first year and has helped raise over $20,000 for the local Autism Center in Clear Lake, Iowa.
- J. has helped with many community events in area from emcee events to just making an appearance when they request and also for non profit organizations.
- J. is well known for entertaining on the radio and with his own DJ business since 1990 playing music from local bars, class reunions, and weddings
- Voice over work is something J. has enjoyed doing for the past 18 years and has since been added to be the voice over guy for country radio stations in Iowa and New York Hot AC station and agency TV ads for car dealerships.