United Way stops into the studio every other Monday
To find out more about the United Way CLICK HERE
To find out more on what we talked about today: CLICK THIS
Here is the United Way’s Facebook page: CLICK THIS
To Donate: CLICK THIS
To Donate your time: CLICK THIS
The UNITED WAY stopped in today to talk about the Women United in North Central Iowa. They are women who are passionate about the mental health of our children ensuring they have the tools to survive and thrive. We learn about our community through business and agency visits and grow leadership skills within ourselves. Some opportunities for Women United members:
- Working with the Mason City School District to grow their Mindfulness program.
- Volunteering as a group of Women United for causes important to women.
- Gaining knowledge about our regional businesses.
- Developing knowledge of our children’s needs and challenges through the eyes of our nonprofit agencies serving them.
- Covering leadership topics that affect women in today’s world.
Women United is a global network of more than 60,000 women in 155 communities across six countries, all dedicated to improving lives and creating stronger communities. These women make up the single most successful organization of its kind. Since its inception in 2002, Women United has raised more than $1 billion to drive real and lasting change. The contributions of these women leaders go well beyond financial donations: they get involved, shake things up and make a measurable difference in their own backyard and around the world.