We all check our phones when we get into bed. But it’s really NOT good for our sleep. In fact, a new study found that a third of Americans aren’t getting enough sleep.
So here are six things you should do before bed INSTEAD of staring at a little screen . . .
1. Read. Research shows that reading before bed can help improve sleep.
2. Take a warm bath or shower. When you take a steamy bath or shower, it brings up your body temperature . . . then it slowly cools down once you get out. And that gives you the perfect body temperature for falling asleep.
3. Have relations in the bedroom. Doing this activity produces the feel-good hormone oxytocin, and decreases the stress hormone cortisol, which helps you relax.
4. Drink some tea. Just avoid anything with caffeine. Stick to herbal teas like chamomile or peppermint.
5. Listen to music. Calming music, obviously. Anything upbeat would have the opposite effect.
6. Meditate or do some yoga. It lowers stress and promotes a calmer mind.